Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Sunday, October 21, 2012

OMG LINKS SRSLY

How wine corks are made. (via Liz)

Liberal bullying: Privilege-checking and semantics-scolding as Internet sport.  Very interesting viewpoint.

I absolutely loved Sarah's post on participating.

Maine's Marriage Hero. I've known Katie and Harlan--who we all call Gramp--for my entire life, so I was pretty proud to see his efforts toward marriage equality recognized (especially because the writer had to travel all the way from New York into the middle of nowhere).

16 Ways I Blew My Marriage. I don't really agree with all of these but the writer made some very good points. (via Justine)

Missouri pastor's fiery speech against equal rights for homosexuals has stunning twist ending. LOVE this. Make sure to watch until the end.

A Dutch historian used 300 WWII negatives at a flea market to create these gorgeous double-exposures with modern-day photographs of the same locations.  Beautiful and moving. (via my gross brother-in-law on the Facebooks)

60 Tiny Love Stories. (via Suzy)

20 People Who Got Owned on Facebook. (via Suzy)

Love this collection of British and American terms.  Suzy and I discussed this at length during our Skype conversation a few weeks ago.  Also, we've heard many of them here in Ireland.  Isn't it interesting how one language can have so many differences among countries/regions?

Carved Book Landscapes.

And now in the I WANT TO GO TO THERE SERIES: 10 Baths with a View.

How to dress as some of 2012's popular memes this Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.