Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Links 'n Things

A Foolproof Guide to a Happy Marriage.  I just love Lindy West.

27 Reasons Why a Billion People Should Not Be Allowed to use Facebook.

Princess Vader goes to Disney World. (via Meg!)

9 Ways People Used Radium Before We Understood the Risks.  How crazy this is, huh? Makes me wonder what sort of shit we bombard ourselves with now that might turn out to be fatal.

Celebrities and their Musician Doppelgängers.

I Hate Breast Cancer "Awareness" Month.

Hard truths from cats. (via Meg!)

Things You Stop Caring About After You've Fallen in Love. (via Amanda)

5 Things Only You are Judging About Yourself. (via Amanda)

America: 50 States in 50 Photos. (via Nova)

Portraits before and after death.  Rob and I talk a lot about the Western obsession with making the dead look "alive" in really ridiculous ways (like makeup they never would've worn in real life, etc.) rather than accepting death for what it is.  We've agreed that we won't allow that to happen to whichever of us dies first.  (via Nova) Also did I ever tell you guys that I considered becoming a mortician?

Check out this no-sew Ewok costume! Judah is so adorable.

19 Stars in the Throes of Death.  Real stars, not celebrities.

If TV Titles were Honest.

The Art of Clean Up.

6 Songs Used to Torture and Intimidate.

Real Life vs. Video Games.

I love this list of the 13 Ugliest Phones of the Mobile Era.  I think I had the Ericsson when I was in Russia.

19 Regional Words All Americans Should Adopt Immediately.

Apparently it isn't true that T. rex could only see things that were moving.

How awesome is this: a 100-million-year-old spider attack frozen in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.