Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Monday, October 8, 2012

Bits and Pieces from the Start of the Week

1. I may not be around much for the next few days as I'm off to Boston to teach a few classes for work. Just like I do every single time I'm about to travel and teach, I've been panicking with increasing intensity every day.  Really wish I could get over that.  I'm convinced that though I've never (knockonwoodknockonwood) had a class go too far south, this next time will be that first time that happens and everyone will jeer at me and chase me through the streets, I guess.  So be thinking of me, please. Despite that bit of stress, I am excited to see my sister who I'll be staying, eating and drinking with.

2. The day after I get back from Boston Rob and I are flying to Ireland so you know.  That's a thing. IRELAND, guys. I'm bringing my computer so I may find some time to do some blogging throughout the trip.  I'm pretty sure I'll take at least 7 million photos, and you guys will get to enjoy every single second of it.

3. I realized that I didn't share some of the photos from our hike in Taos this weekend.  Want to know something weird? Once, for about a half second, I thought we were hiking back in Maine.  Then I realized that I couldn't breathe and was dizzy from the air thinness.  Regardless, it was gorgeous.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


4. Last night we headed up to Albuquerque for tattoos, drinks, and of course, the Chang.  Rob chose this tattoo after reading the story "The Rocket Man" by Ray Bradbury, which so perfectly depicts a lot of what Rob and I have both gone through emotionally throughout his various frightening jobs.  Gina captured the essence of what he wanted so well, even I can't stop staring at it.

Drawn and tattooed by Gina Scarkino (@gscarkino on Instagram) at Star Tattoo in Albuquerque, NM.


5. When we get back from Ireland we're hoping to go back to Roswell (I know, I know...Amie really wanted to go despite hearing from me how much I hated it), check out a local hot spring/spa, and eventually drive back home to Maine.  Rob, Cypress and I will be there for a month or so around the holidays which should be fun I think.  

6. Only my husband would have a job that allowed us to return to Maine during the one absolute worst time to be in Maine

7. Does anyone else feel like a poseur when you wear something "out of the ordinary"? Like that everyone is thinking that you can't pull it off, just like you are?  I bought some red jeans the other day and I feel exactly like that every time I've worn them (I had the same problem with knee-high boots and red lipstick).  I felt at once ridiculous and also kind of cool in this outfit yesterday:

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

I also might kind of look 12.

Anyway I hope you all have a lovely week and I can't fucking wait to share Ireland with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.