Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Recap of a Crazy Monday

Shit, it's only Tuesday and it has already been a crazy week.

First off I have like three projects going on at work so I've been juggling all of those, but let's face it, who wants to hear about work? Not you guys.

Cypress has still been sick which has been a relatively constant source of stress.  Once she stopped eating her food--even after I threw some Fruity Pebbles--I decided to take her to the vet along with a fecal sample (GOOD MORNING BREAKFAST TIME).  Of course as soon as we got there they gave her a treat and she gobbled that shit right up.  Picky little bitch. Anyway to make sure she didn't have a blockage they suggested x-rays, and since I'd generally rather spend money than feel anxious I totally went for it.  No blockages, thankfully, but the vet did point out to me that she has hip dysplasia, which made me really sad.  I know it's pretty minor in the scheme of things, and we haven't seen any ill effects (no hopping or limping), but it just reminds me that she's not a forever beast.  Couple that with the fact that on the "reminders" they left on my bill her appointment next year is labeled "Senior Wellness Visit" and I was a little emotional all day. She'll only be 5 next year, how is that a senior?

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Maybe she can get us a discount at the movies?

In other news, yesterday was Day #2 of Ripped in 30.  I won't lie to you, that shit is fucking me up.  Yesterday morning I was literally more sore than I've ever been, like literally every muscle in my body was screaming. I decided to push through the pain because I'm badass like that, but afterward I felt about 30 times worse.  For the rest of the day I couldn't move without feeling pain and for some reason nausea; I don't think I've ever looked more forward to going to bed than I did last night.  I'm complaining a lot but I'm pretty proud of my lazy ass for [clearly] pushing myself beyond my comfort level.  I think today will be a rest day but tomorrow, I'm back to showing my body what's up.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Laying in bed, unable to move.

Robbie's been on a different schedule these last few days, going in at 7:30am and coming back at about 7 or 7:30pm. I know it's only a few extra hours on either end but it feels like he's gone for days.  Yeah, yeah, I'm dramatic.  He's starting to do more fire-based things (preparing the woods for controlled burns, etc.) and I think he's enjoying it.  He complains about his feet hurting and his arms being scratched all to hell from the brush, but he likes that shit even if he doesn't admit it.  We've both been pretty pathetic though, moaning about our various pains.  Somehow we became 80 years old overnight.

What have you guys been up to? I hope your respective weeks are positively magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.