Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Our Trip to Boston

Yesterday was exhausting but awesome. My sister asked us to meet her in Boston for a fun day of funnery and other enjoyables.

For those of you that have not been to Boston, I highly recommend visiting if you are ever on the east coast (and while you’re there, come see us too!). The city is full of history, interesting architecture and people, and of course delicious food!

We got up at around 5 a.m. to head to the train station, a 75 mile drive from here. I know what you’re thinking because you totally remember my fear of trains, and don’t worry, I made it past the front of the train and into the train without any major breakdowns.

We were extremely fortunate to share the train with a billion Red Sox and Celtics fans, as both teams played yesterday. But aside from a few really loud, obnoxious middle-aged women who we’re pretty sure had already started drinking in the cafĂ© car, the trip was uneventful and we made it to Boston while it was still sunny and beautiful.

We walked around, did a wee bit of shopping and ate some delicious food. Clearly Boston restaurants are very responsive to food allergies because I saw messages about it on every menu, which made for a very happy celiac-Caitlin.

Aside from a few train-scares in the subway, it was a really awesome trip and it was great to see my older sister and of course spend some time with my husband. Plus Boston is just a lovely town anyway.

While I have nothing against people who live in cities or visiting cities, every time I go to one I’m reminded of why I live in a small(ish) town. Rob and I were talking about how happy we are to be able to go outside and sit in our backyard, enjoy wide open spaces and a well-sized apartment. The boredom I experience sometimes living in a place where nothing happens is totally worth the quiet in my mind. City living just isn’t for us I guess.

Sadly it began to rain shortly after we arrived so I didn’t pull out my camera a ton, but here are some pictures for your enjoyment.









More of my fat eyelids.


3 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! Beautiful photos. I really need to visit Boston soon.

    xo,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this looks like fun, i've always wanted to go there!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.