Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday Hump Day

Today was just your typical work day. Working from home gives me the ability to take breaks by walking outside and spending time with my husband and beast.

I walked Cypress at around 2 p.m. today and it was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L out! 65 degrees, sunny with a light breeze. I more or less sang out my happiness to Cypress for the entire trip (she was quite receptive, though disagreed with my optimistic assessment of the weather due to her double coat meant for -30 degree temperatures).

I nearly squealed when I noticed GREEN:



Might be kind of hard to see here, but IT'S THERE. I PROMISE.

I even walked around without a sweater for a lot of the trek, allowing my half-sleeve and the rest of my pasty white arms frolic freely in the sun and breeze after 5 months of huddling inside.

Later in the day I visited Adam, my tattoo artist, so he could take some pictures of my half-sleeve for his portfolio. I'll have to share them once they're up on his Facebook page. I've never had a tattoo entered into a portfolio so this felt like quite an honor. It makes me wonder if someone will tell him one day, "I want that exact tattoo, right now." Would definitely be weird to be walking around Western Maine and find someone with my awesome tattoo, though not all of my pieces are custom so I suppose that is to be expected regardless.

Remember how I took a picture of a "moment" the other day? This is a different sort of moment I captured during dinner-cooking time:



I promise I didn't pose this. A boy with his dog. :)

One final word: some of you may remember that I'm considering a matryoshka tattoo. I'm currently debating replacing the matryoshka face with a SKULL just to spice it up and make it a little more unique.

It is perhaps lamentable that this has become a bit of a tattoo blog, but it is what it is I suppose.

Inspiration:
This is not my picture, but I can't for the life of me find the original. So it's not mine, and I'm sorry.

Oh hey, also, here's a picture of Robbie and I from Easter:

I look like I'm clinging to Rob to keep him from leaping up and leaving.  Also my hair looks weird.  But still, nice to have a picture of the two of us together :)

2 comments:

  1. aw what do u do that u get to work from home? it sounds amazing!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steffy - I'm a software consultant :) I travel every so often for my job but in the in-between I'm home!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.