Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Interesting.

I decided to get a new blog. Hopefully I keep it up better than my previous blogs, and hopefully it’s at least marginally more interesting. I have my doubts. When you don’t live an interesting life it’s hard to write interesting material for a family Christmas newsletter let alone a daily/weekly blog entry.

Anyway.

I’m looking around for jobs. I can hold my current position until October, but I am keeping my options open by applying for a myriad of other positions.

My darling fiancé and I are moving. We found an apartment in a duplex that is much more “us” and I think will be much easier to live in than our current apartment. Our co-tenants in the apartment we live in now have a, shall we say “interesting,” view of how apartment life should be. Essentially, they believe that everyone should be silent all the time. No walking, friends, fun, happiness, laughter, music, etc. Just quiet. They complained to us when my sister came to visit and brought her 25-lb puppy who happened to run around the house a bit. No barking or whining, just moving. They came upstairs and complained (rather rudely, I might add), and we realized that for the past year we’ve been literally tiptoeing around trying to make them happy. Though we are quiet 98.999% of the time, we did not gain a modicum of understanding during the one evening that happened to be a little louder than usual. As a result of this confrontation, I had to drive my sister to her house (an hour and a half away) at 11:00 at night. Needless to say we were NOT pleased.

So, within the next 3-4 weeks we are moving and I couldn’t be happier. Well, I could be happier if the new apartment wasn’t just a little more expensive than the current place, but hey, you have to take what you can get, right? R is quite excited to move, as am I. I think I’m going to throw some crap in my car later today and drive it over, just because I can. I’m trying to make the moving process as painless as possible. I figure if I do a little at a time I won’t go totally insane the week before we’re set to move in.

Well, I’m just as boring as before. But, regardless, welcome to my new blog.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on the move! Quiet neighbors are as bad as really loud ones, quite frankly i feel like you cant win in apartments. but then again I dont play well with others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your new blog!

    And yay for moving!

    Pictures. Pleeeeeeease?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on Moving! You are not boring!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.